Friday I and Marilena we took a day all to ourselves, away from the shipyards and from the hassel of daily life. A real Design tour around Milan.
Here is the story of the niches in which we stopped:
- breakfast at Pavè, a breakfast very very sad because I got infected from the healthy diet of my companion of the adventure, but I highly recommend the plum cake and chocolate.
- In the Porta Venezia area, I could not switch from Nap Atelier, one of my favourite places in Milan. By Stefania you will find fabrics and wallpapers are fantastic, as well as the new line of accessories for the home designed by you, already inserted in one of my project. Take a look at the online shop if you’re not in Milan.
- A ride fast by Design Republic, the Paradise for the lovers of nordic design, and then finally got in my Paradise, that of vintage and modern antiques: the Market for Penelope. Would you believe it? I have not purchased anything…for now.
- For lunch we went to Potafiori, a bistro full of plants and flowers at two steps from Porta Romana. I, Marilena and Ilaria Nuggets for All we have taken a smooth and a cake yogurt, stra recommended! It’s nice to do a chat between co-workers in a place so welcoming.
- After lunch I finally managed to visit the Fondazione Prada and I are madly in love, I have to admit, most of the structure of the exhibitions. The combination between the existing distillery of the early ‘900, and the 3 new buildings is successful. The design of the studio OMA has meant that the various structures, their different, they fit together in a path that is surprisingly homogeneous. To complete the whole tower in cement structural white, 60-metre-high, I walked 1 to 1 because of the nice elevator broke. The 9-storey alternate plants, trapezoidal and rectangular, the height of the ceilings is growing reaching 8 m of the top floor. The view is really not to be missed.
The bathroom is a real show, the surreal, uncomfortable, but the idea of an effect box with the stainless steel is brilliant. Remember? I showed a beautiful home in Puglia, a short time ago in which the sliding interior doors are inspired by those of these bathrooms.
The BAR LIGHT, designed by film director Wes Anderson, is a journey in time and a tribute to Milan. The study of color is amazing: the wood paneling veneer, wallpaper, floor, pink granite and the furniture in formica, make the bar Light a warm and friendly place, quality is difficult to obtain in historical reproductions, often excessively modified.
The years ’60, what a wonder!
A curiosity: the vaulted ceiling replicates, in miniature, the iron and glass roof of the galleria Vittorio Emanuele.
We were really lucky to find the place. Remember, it is not possible to book and is closed on Tuesdays.
In a few days I’ll be back in Milan, I recommended some place new to visit?
PAVÉ via Felice Casati 27
NAP ATELIER viale Piave 19
DESIGN REPUBLIC piazza del Tricolore 2
MERCATINO PENELOPE via Macedonio Melloni 6
POTAFIORI via Salasco 17
The PRADA FOUNDATION largo Isarco 2
Welcome to the home of Ro. Comments: to help me grow and better understand your needs, for a polite criticism, or even just for a quick greeting. And if the post you liked, share it on social!
Tags:contemporary art, home decor, Milan / 0 Comments